Thursday, July 24, 2014

The Day I Became a RN

If you have been around me at all within the past two years you are probably SICK AND TIRED of hearing me talk about this. Okay, well I'm almost done :)

Last night I woke up so many times to check the board of nursing website to see if my name had come up yet. I think the last time was around 2:30am.

At 4:30am my other new RN friend/cousin Kayla sent me a text of my name- with RN beside it! She was so sweet working her nurse night shift and checking for me! I actually woke up around 6 to see her text, but of course I had to check for myself! I woke up Josh and he sleepily said, "congratulations I'm so proud of you!" Then he went back to sleep, but how could I go back to sleep!?


So I played around on my phone, I went and sat outside, and I texted my poor family too early to tell them the officially official news!

So then I couldn't stand it any longer and I forced Josh awake and told him not to even get ready just to put clothes and tennis shoes on. Somehow, he sleepily obliged and we took a climb up a cliff near our lodge we are currently residing in. Because when you are feeling on top of the world and have all of the energy in the world, what else are you supposed to do?
That's our current residence


still so sleepy...
So then we got Sonic breakfast burritos. Because we are so happy to have a Sonic now.
Then I looked down at my laptop and remembered these little post its of nursing notes that have been there all summer.
I very apprehensively pealed them off (what if I need them again?)
Then I quickly crumpled them up...
And threw them at Josh...
action shot
I cannot tell you how relieved I feel. I feel like I can breathe again. But I also feel like, so what do people do when they don't have to study all of the time? This must be when they get into exercising... I told Josh the week before I took my test how nice it would feel and that he should be excited because I will probably be nicer to him.

Later I went and picked sand plums along our dirt road so that my home-makey mother can make me some jellay!
I wish I could send a bag of money or tickets to an island vacation to everyone who has prayed for me, encouraged me, and supported me throughout these last 4 years and especially in the last week. It means so much to me that I can't even express it. Just know that I am forever grateful for you and pray that God blesses you greatly!

I am humbled at how God provides once again in my life. He is so good to me when I am so undeserving. He is the sole reason I made it through this season of life and I am so excited for the new adventure ahead of me because I am finally a BSN, RN! (RN, BSN? I've heard it two different ways. I guess I should figure that out...)

In His hug, 
Molly 

P.S. in other good news my cousin just released an EP album on iTunes! Check Bobbi Castor out and buy her songs!


8 comments:

  1. YAYAYAYAYAYAY....I felt the same way when I passed my HOT testing. It was hardcore.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those big tests are absolutely the worst. I would never wish the pressure of failing one on my worst enemy! I'm glad you passed yours Kaylea!

      Delete
  2. Woo hoo! I love how you hiked and picked sand plums! I'll tell you what people do when they aren't studying or working: cleaning house, spending time with family, being crafty, home maker-y! lol! It's great! You, like pretty much everyone, will find things to fill the time and then you will feel too busy... I will encourage you to never allow yourself to get "too busy." Enjoy life! "Too busy" people obligate themselves to things and end up not enjoying life and it passes by too quickly! Love you! And so very proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! Busy people are people that are hard to connect with, because they are always too busy! I really do have tons of things planned! Just waiting on the right timing! Thanks for your love and support! I love and am proud of YOU!

      Delete
  3. I am so so so so proud of you my wonderful daughter! Passing tests, climbing mountains and picking plums! The future awaits!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am sooooo proud of you Molly and I knew that you would do it and God has given you a heart to be a good nurse.

    ReplyDelete

Pin It